Wednesday, September 19, 2012

7 Wonders of the Ancient World Craft- Classical Conversations

 
This week in Classical Conversations we studied the 7 wonders of the ancient world. We decided to make a book about the wonders. I found some coloring sheets to print out for her to color. Most of them I found here, but there were a few that I had to google and find the images that way.

After she colored and cut them out, she pasted them on some plain white paper. We read about each wonder in The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World by Reg Cox and Neil Morris.
Seven Wndrs Ancient Wrld(wotw) (Wonders of the World (Chelsea House))
I love this book! We checked it out at the library.
 
Then we worked on a paragraph for each wonder. Writing skills are hard to master, but model, model, model. As we read we talked about what she thought were interesting facts. We talked through sentences as I wrote them on the white board. She simply coppied them from the white board. I usually tried to compile three sentences to create these paragraphs.
 
When we finish the book I'll update the post. This is really a fun way to learn a little about each wonder. We also watched this video off You Tube. 7 Wonders Video

No comments:

Post a Comment