Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall Food- Squash Quesadilla

We went outside today and I didn't start sweating in the first ten minutes. I think fall might be here, but I don't want to get my hopes up, tomorrow will probably feel like 100 degrees again.

Anyways, with the new season comes new food. Today we tried a fall version of the cheese quesadilla, always a favorite in our house.

I started with frozen, cubed butternut squash. After defrosting I let it drain on a paper towel.
I then layed some shredded cheese, the squash, spinach and more cheese in between two tortillas. I think kale instead of spinach would be a great try also. I warmed it in a dry pan until the cheese melted.

Let me say yum! The kids kind of flipped on me when they figured out there was squash in there. They tried to pick out as much as they could. I think it was really great! I might say this is more of an adult quesadilla though.

No comments:

Post a Comment