Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The waiting game!

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and feeling like I'm 45 weeks. It's such a double edged sword, I'm anxious to meet the little guy but not feeling ready to be a mommy of three kids, 4 years old and under. Last week at a regular OB appointment the nurse detected his heart rate at 160bpm. This is fine for a regular baby, but made me a little nervous since I haven't seen it like that since I was put on medication for his SVT. After loosing it emotionally for the next several days the cardiologist assured me yesterday that he is doing just fine. Thank goodness. His heart rate should vary and there is nothing to worry about. I laughed at my sweet cardiologist who has no kids. She then told me he's gotten bigger since she has seen me last, I confirmed telling her the hospital measured him at 6 pounds 4 ounces last week. She looked pleased said good and I said she obviously hasn't pushed a kid out yet. There's lots of time for this kid to gain a few more pounds and make that head grow even bigger. :) I'm so excited, another big baby! :) Kaitlyn was 9 pounds 12 ounces, Adeline was 8 pounds 5 ounces (at a week early) and so I can't wait to see what our son is.  Here is a recent ultrasound, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment